空军科学与技术奖学金计划（AF STFP）为博士后和高级科学家提供全国竞争奖学金，以便在全国各地的美国空军研究机构进行合作研究。自1966年以来，空军科技企业已经在NRC研究协会计划下接待了1,000多名研究员，其中许多研究人员在政府实验室中取得了成功的职业生涯。 AF STFP延续了为空军研究实验室，空军理工学院和美国空军学院的空军科学家和工程师提供高质量研究机会的传统。
· National Research Council of the National Academies
· Location: Washington, DC
· Job Number: 7056216
· Posting Date: Feb 28, 2019
· Application Deadline: May 1, 2019
The Air Force Science & Technology Fellowship Program (AF STFP) offers nationally competitive fellowship awards to postdoctoral and senior scientists to perform collaborative research at U.S. Air Force research facilities across the country. Since 1966, the Air Force S&T Enterprise has hosted over 1,000 fellows under the NRC Research Associateship Programs and many of these researchers have gone on to successful careers in government laboratories. The AF STFP continues this tradition of providing high quality research opportunities with Air Force scientists and engineers at Air Force Research Laboratory, the Air Force Institute of Technology, and the U.S. Air Force Academy.
Awardees have the opportunity to:
• Conduct independent research in an area compatible with the Air Force Research Laboratory, the Air Force Institute of Technology, and the U.S. Air Force Academy
• Devote full-time effort to research and publication
• Access the excellent and often unique facilities of the federal research enterprise
• Collaborate with leading scientists and engineers at the sponsoring laboratories
Benefits of an AF STFP award include:
• Base stipend starting at $76,542, which is increased based on years of experience past the doctoral degree
• Disciplinary supplement (if applicable)
• Health insurance, relocation benefits, and a $4,000 professional travel allowance
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants must be U.S. citizens and must have earned a Ph.D., Sc.D., M.D., D.V.M., or academically equivalent research doctorate before beginning tenure.
ABOUT THE EMPLOYER
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine’s Fellowships Office has conducted postdoctoral fellowship programs in cooperation with sponsoring federal laboratories and other research organizations since 1954. Through national competitions, the Fellowships Office recommends and makes awards to outstanding postdoctoral and senior scientists and engineers for tenure as guest researchers at participating laboratories.