A postdoctoral position in the Lerner Lab at Northwestern Feinberg School of Medicine (downtown Chicago campus) is available starting Fall 2019 for an individual interested in using intact whole brain analyses of cleared tissue to look at circuit architecture changes related to psychiatric disease risk. The individual selected for this position will work on a high-risk high-reward project, establishing new paradigms in the lab, and with ample opportunity for independence and creative intellectual input. You will join a dynamic and growing research group. We strongly encourage women and minority applicants for this position, where you will find a supportive, encouraging environment to advance your career. Salary will be competitive and dependent on experience.
· A PhD in neuroscience or related disciplines with a strong publication record
· A strong background in tissue clearing techniques, optics, and/or image data analysis
· Programming experience (Python, Matlab and/or R)
· Ability to work independently as well as within a team
· Excellent oral and written English language skills
· Candidates with 0-2 years of postdoctoral training are preferred
· Experience in rodent handling, stereotaxic surgery, and behavior are a plus, however we are happy to train you in these areas as needed