匹兹堡大学（University of Pittsburgh），简称“匹大”（PITT），成立于1787年，是一所公立研究型大学，美国最早的十所大学之一。其主校区位于宾夕法尼亚州第二大城市匹兹堡，与卡内基梅隆大学隔街相对，各学院分布在奥克兰区（Oakland），地理位置优越。校训格言是“真理与美德（Veritas et Virtus）”，吉祥物是美洲豹（Panther）。
UPMC Hillman Cancer Center
Affiliated with University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
A Postdoctoral Position is available in Cancer Immunology and Immunotherapy.
One postdoctoral fellow position is available starting immediately in the laboratory of Dr. Jing Hong Wang at the University of Pittsburgh and UPMC Hillman Cancer Center. The research focus of the laboratory is to elucidate the mechanism of immune evasion mechanism in cancers and develop more effective cancer immunotherapy for B cell lymphomas or head and neck cancers (see lab recent work at https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Jing-Wang-65/research).
These projects are funded by multiple NIH grants and will focus on how immune cells interact with cancer cells during tumorigenesis and progression. Our research integrates molecular and cellular immunology of in vitro and in vivo models of head and neck cancer and B cell lymphomas, molecular biology, and high throughput genomics to investigate fundamental questions in cancer immunology and carcinogenesis.
The successful candidate will participate in the initiation of the research projects and is expected to carry out his or her projects independently. Applicants should receive a Ph.D. degree in immunology or molecular biology related field. Experience and background in cellular immunology and animal models are highly desired. In addition, the applicant should be self-motivated, hard-working, and willing to work with flexible hours. This position is for entry level applicants. Applicants are preferred to be eligible for NIH T32 training grants (US citizen or permanent residents only).
Please submit a cover letter describing previous research experience and current interests, curriculum vitae including publication list, and contact details of three references to Dr. Jing H. Wang by e-mail at email@example.com
1. Independently design and perform experiments as related to research project
2. Trouble-shooting and problem-solving as related to the research project
3. Record results of experiments: Tabulate research data and keep a detailed, easy to understand laboratory notebook
4. Interpret the experimental results and write the manuscript and grant proposal
5. Present data and journal articles in a laboratory meeting setting and “research in progress” to the whole department
6. Training of laboratory personnel in experimentation techniques
Necessary research skills:
1. Standard molecular and cellular biology techniques. Molecular biology work including gel electrophoresis, PCR, cloning and subcloning, and western blotting.
2. Cell culture techniques.
3. Cellular immunology (T or B cell isolation and culture)
4. Microscopic and flow cytometric analysis. Flow cytometry skills are required or highly desired.
5. Animal care related to research procedures
6. Biochemical assays (protein work such as experience with Mass Spectrometry)
In addition, the candidate should have critical thinking and problem-solving skills and excellent written and oral skills. Salary is commensurate with experience and based on current NIH guidelines. Additionally, the candidate may be eligible for a Hillman Postdoctoral Fellowship for Innovative Cancer Research (https://hillmanresearch.upmc.edu/research/hillman-fellows/postdoctoral/).
The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is ranked #5 in NIH funding, and Pittsburgh has been consistently voted as one of the top livable cities in the US.
Applications will be reviewed and evaluated on an ongoing basis, following the receipt of all required materials. Applications from women and minorities are strongly encouraged. The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled.
Apply with CV and Cover Letter