伊利诺伊大学芝加哥分校（University of Illinois at Chicago），简称UIC，创立于1982年，公立研究型大学，卡内基基金会认证的88所一类美国国家级研究型大学之一，超过3.4亿美元的科研经费使它稳居美国研究经费排名前50，是芝加哥地区规模最大、综合实力最强的公立大学。
Postdoctoral Research Associates –Virus-host interactions
University of Illinois at Chicago
The laboratory of Dr. Yong-Hui Zheng in the Department of Microbiology and Immunology in the College of Medicine at University of Illinois Chicago is looking for motivated post-doctoral candidates to explore novel antiviral mechanisms that broadly target HIV-1, Ebola virus, and SARS-CoV-2. Although these viruses belong to different families, they all express class I fusion proteins that share identical features in structure and biosynthesis for virus entry. We currently have multiple NIH-funded projects to study how these fusion proteins are attacked by different types of host factors (ER a-mannosidases, RNF185, MARCHF E3 ubiquitin ligases, SERINC5), resulting in inhibition of virus entry and infection. The candidates will have opportunities to study these important human viruses together. Interested candidates please visit Pubmed: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36224200/ and read the most recent publications.
• Work with Principal Investigator to design and develop research projects.
• Conduct independent research experiments, including data collection and analysis.
• Test, optimize, and troubleshoot new and existing methods and techniques.
• Prepare scientific results for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
• Communicate results at internal and external scientific conferences.
• Assist in the training of graduate students and research staff.
• PhD degree in molecular biology, cell biology, microbiology, or a related field.
• At least one first authored, peer-reviewed, publication.
• Knowledge of basic experimental design and statistics.
• Desirable: strong background in viral infection, protein trafficking, degradation, autophagy, protein-protein interactions, and molecular biology. Research experience in BSL3 is a plus.
Applicants should email a single pdf file containing a cover letter with brief description of research experience and future interests, curriculum vitae, and list of three references. Send the application materials to Dr. Yong-Hui Zheng by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Offers of employment by the University of Illinois may be subject to approval by the University’s Board of Trustees and are made contingent upon the candidate’s successful completion of any criminal background checks and other pre-employment assessments that may be required for the position being offered.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment.
For more information, visit