Postdoc in Computational Biology : Cologne, Germany
University of Cologne
Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Postdoc in Computational Biology
Cellular Networks / CECAD
With approximately 50,000 students, the University of Cologne is one of the largest universities in Germany and ranks among the Excellence Universities. It employs over 600 professors and 7,000 academic and non-academic staff.
The research group Cellular Networks and Systems Biology of Andreas Beyer invites applications for a Postdoc in computational biology. The offered position is part of a collaborative project with Martin Leeb (Max F. Perutz Laboratories, Vienna).
· Analyse functional genomics screens (CRISPR-Cas 9, transposon screens) and molecular profiling data in mouse embryonic stem cells
· Develop methods for the computational integration of functional data with large-scale RNA-sequencing data
· Develop methods for the network-based interpretation of high-throughput molecular data
· A PhD in quantitative sciences (e.g. computational biology, physics, computer science, mathematics)
· Fascination for understanding biological problems
· Your scientific background and expertise should be documented through peer-reviewed publications
· Excellent English skills (written & spoken)
WE OFFER YOU
· an international, competitive research environment
· a diverse and fair working environment
· support in reconciling work and family life
· flexible working time models
· extensive advanced training opportunities
· occupational health management offers
· local transport ticket at a discount for UoC employees
The position is available from July 2018 on a full-time basis. It is limited to June 2021. If the applicant meets the relevant wage requirements and personal qualifications, the salary is based on remuneration group 13 TV-L of the pay scale for the German public sector.
The University of Cologne promotes equal opportunities and diversity in its employment relations. Women are expressly encouraged to apply and given priority in accordance with the Equal Opportunities Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesgleichstellungsgesetz – LGG NRW). We expressly welcome applications from individuals with severe disabilities or people of equivalent status. Severely disabled applicants of equal merit and qualifications will be given priority.
Please send your convincing application with proof of the sought qualifications by e-mail (in one pdf-file) with the reference number Wiss1804-05 to Prof. Dr. Andreas Beyer (firstname.lastname@example.org). The application deadline is 22 May 2018.