We are seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated and creative postdoctoral scientist to join the department of Cancer Research at Boehringer Ingelheim RCV to identify and systematically investigate key pathways and molecules which play an essential role in inducing a type of innate signaling that leads to a concomitant activation of T-cells and subsequently a potent anti-tumor immune response. The advertised position is part of the global Boehringer Ingelheim Postdoc Programme (https://careers.boehringer-ingelheim.com/post-doc/) and we encourage applications from individuals with a strong background and interest in cancer research and immunology.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Full responsibility for a research project, working closely with a team of lab scientists and an experienced mentor, with academic and industry background
• Work with primary immune cell - cancer cell co-cultures, induce innate immune activation on cancer cells with a variety of stimuli and dissect the signaling events on target and effector cells
• Plan, conduct and present work across sites and with academic experts in the fields of screening, immune activation and cell death
• Publish scientific results in peer-reviewed scientific journals and present data at international conferences
For this position we offer an interesting salary package considering your expertise and personal competencies as well as your professional experience. Moreover, we offer our employees a variety of attractive benefits: staff restaurant, pension scheme, comprehensive health promotion and a variety of training opportunities are just a few of them.
• PhD with strong background in Cancer Biology, Molecular Biology and Immunology
• Experienced with relevant experimental work: primary gamma deltaT-cell purification and culture, multiparameter flow cytometry, functional genetics (RNAi, CRISPR/Cas9), ELISA/MSD, innate immunity, molecular biology
• Evidence of scientific rigor and excellence as documented by peer-reviewed publications
• Creative thinking and lateral mindset, organized and self-motivated to innovate
• Excellent communication, networking and presentation skills, as well as data analysis and data management skills
• Relevant scientific track and publication record
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
About Boehringer Ingelheim’s Postdoc Programme:
• The initial appointment is for 2 years fixed term contract with potential for a 1-2 year extension
• As a Postdoctoral Fellow you will benefit from a fully resourced and fully funded research environment with access to state-of-the-art tools, technologies and equipment
• Embedded in the BI Discovery Research organization, you will benefit from vibrant and regular scientific exchange within BI’s post doc community, including global BI post doc retreats, and with research scientists as well as with academic collaboration partners
• You will be expected to publish your scientific results in peer-reviewed journals and present your data at international conferences
At the end of the programme you will have the opportunity to compete for a transition grant to facilitate starting up your next lab.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Innovative medicines for people and animals have for more than 130 years been what the research-driven pharmaceutical company Boehringer Ingelheim stands for. Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the pharmaceutical industry’s top 20 companies and to this day remains family-owned. Day by day, some 50,000 employees create value through innovation for the three business areas human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing. In 2017, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved net sales of nearly 18.1 billion euros. R&D expenditure, exceeding three billion euros, corresponded to 17.0 per cent of net sales.
For more information please visit www.boehringer-ingelheim.com.
Your application will be reviewed by our recruiting team as well as the respective department. Therefore, we do not state a specific contact person and kindly ask you to use a general salutation in your application.
We look forward to receiving your online application – please enter the Job ID 188004.