The Wyss-Coray Lab at Stanford University is pleased to announce the opening of a data scientist/computational biologist postdoctoral position who will join the new Bioinformatics Group in the Alzheimer's Disease Research Center (ADRC) program. The Wyss-Coray research team studies brain aging and neurodegeneration with a focus on age-related cognitive decline and Alzheimer’s disease. The lab is part of a collaborative effort to generate a deep phenotyping database of all participants at the Stanford ADRC. To this end, the latest cutting edge proteomic and cytomic tools will be used in combination with genetics to phenotype participants of the Stanford ADRC. The postdoc will be integrated in the Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, and Data Management Core of the Stanford ADRC and will be responsible for managing and analyzing large volumes of clinical, neuropsychological, genetic, imaging, tissue biomarker, and associated research data. This is a three-year position.
Strong scientific background with computational orientation, e.g. a PhD in computational biology, bioinformatics, genetics or related discipline
• Excellent analytical skills with a strong statistical background
• Solid experience dealing with large scale experimental data
• Experience with longitudinal and cross-sectional datasets
• Scientific computing and libraries such as R and Matlab
• Familiar with Linux, Unix (Shell Script)
• Defining strategies for data analysis (pre- and post-experimental).
• Analyzing large omics datasets: e.g MS, Bulk RNA-Seq, SCRNAseq
• Building data analysis and visualization pipelines
• Providing bioinformatics and computational support to various projects
Required Application Materials:
Two letters of recommendation
Please submit Cover Letter with Research Interests, Curriculum Vitae & two letters of recommendation to Kathleen Dickey, email@example.com by November 1, 2018.