Postdoctoral Fellow in Cancer Drug Discovery (Structural and Chemical Biology)
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
The Schönbrunn lab in the department of Drug Discovery at the Moffitt Cancer Center is seeking to hire a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to work on structural studies of diverse proteins involved in cancer cell signaling and epigenetics. Our lab is pursuing multidisciplinary projects in collaboration with medicinal chemists, biologists and clinicians aimed at the development of novel inhibitors and small molecule degraders as chemical probes and potential therapeutics. The position provides opportunities in drug discovery and chemical biology methodology including the structural, biochemical, and cell-based characterization of drug-target interactions. For an overview of our research visit our website at https://lab.moffitt.org/schonbrunn/.
Join an interdisciplinary team to develop new agents with novel mechanisms of action using structural, computational, biochemical, and cell-based methods.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Successful candidates have a strong background in structural biology and biochemistry with a keen interest in drug discovery research.
• Prior experience is required with some of the following techniques, but applicants with related skill sets are encouraged to apply
o Protein crystallography or cryo-electron microscopy
o Large scale protein expression and purification using insect and/or mammalian cell cultures
o Molecular and cell biology
o Biochemical and/or cell-based assay development
o Computational predictive modeling and/or data analytics
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
• Performing investigational studies of protein-inhibitor and protein-protein complexes using structural and biochemical techniques
• Designing and performing experiments independently and analyzing data.
• Participate in data interpretation and crafting of manuscripts for publication.
Credentials and Qualifications:
PhD in structural biology, chemical biology, biochemistry, cell biology, chemistry or related field.
Moffitt is the only Florida cancer center to receive the National Cancer Institute comprehensive designation for its scientific excellence and offers unique opportunities for interdisciplinary collaborations at the forefront of finding new cancer cures.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should include a single PDF file by email that includes:
• a cover letter outlining the candidate’s motivation and suitability
• a summary of research accomplishments (4 pages maximum)
• current CV with recent publications and contact information for three references
For questions regarding this opportunity, please contact Dr. Ernst Schonbrunn via email – email@example.com.