皇家墨尔本理工大学（Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology），简称“RMIT”，是一所位于澳大利亚维多利亚州墨尔本的综合性公立大学，也是澳大利亚科技大学联盟成员。
Research Fellow in Urban Design (Postdoctoral)
Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
Melbourne CBD location for a Research Fellow in Urban Design (Postdoctoral)
80% of full-time, fixed term appointment until early 2026
3-year PhD fee waiver and living stipend
RMIT is a global university of technology and design, focused on creating solutions that transform the future for the benefit of people and their environments.
RMIT offers great employee benefits such as flexible, family-friendly policies; discounted public transport tickets; subsidised gym membership; onsite childcare facilities (subject to availability); additional holidays; salary packaging initiatives and a generous superannuation scheme.
A position is available for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow within RMIT University's School of Architecture and Urban Design. You will work alongside Associate Professor Quentin Stevens in connection with a major Australian Research Council funded project exploring the design and planning of contemporary memorials in democratic contexts.
POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH FELLOW
The Postdoctoral Research Fellow post would suit someone who already holds a PhD in urban planning, urban geography, urban design, or art theory/criticism/history. Experience in the publication of academic research is highly desirable. This appointment is offered at Level B1 for 27 months with a time fraction of 0.8 full-time equivalent.
All applicants are required to provide a separate statement addressing the key selection criteria in addition to providing a resume and covering letter.
To view a position description please see below, or for furthe r information please contact Associate Professor Quentin Stevens on +61 466 996 106. Applications close December 4 2023. Please scroll down to APPLY.
Position Description - Research Fellow in Urban Design
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all sectors of the community. Please note that applications will be reviewed after the close date.
1. Conduct research activities under limited supervision both independently and as a member of a team, including: developing research methodologies, collecting and analysing research data, publishing research outputs and presenting research outcomes at conferences and research forums; contributing to external and internal research funding submissions.
2. Undertake administrative tasks related to the position.
3. Participate in supervision of higher degree by research candidates.
Key Selection Criteria
1. Demonstrated research knowledge and skills in a relevant discipline.
2. Evidence of capacity to develop high-quality research outputs including publications, presentations and reports in a relevant discipline area.
3. Ability to develop research projects and funding proposals, including through effective liaison with government, industry and other stakeholders.
4. Ability to work autonomously whilst displaying a strong commitment to work in a team environment, including the demonstrated ability to confidently and effectively work with colleagues, project team leaders, and industry partners.
5. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage varying workloads and respond to changing priorities as required.
6. Evidence of experience with a range of research methods such as interviewing, archival research, site analysis, and/or mapping.
7. Demonstrated high level written, verbal and graphic communication skills.
Mandatory: Completion or approaching completion of a PhD in a relevant discipline area.
Appointment to this position is subject to passing Working with Children and police checks
Further details on the position and the research project are available by emailing Quentin.Stevens@RMIT.edu.au
3 Dec 2023 11.59 pm
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Isla n der community.
At RMIT, we are committed to supporting adjustments throughout the recruitment and selection process, as well as during employment. We actively support and encourage people with disability to apply to RMIT. To discuss adjustment requirements, please contact Kassie (Senior Talent Acquisition Advisor), via firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our Careers page for more contact information - https: // www. rmit.edu.au/careers.
We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.