Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Postdoctoral Scientist Kidney Diseases Research (m/f)
Your tasks and responsibilities
Bayer is one of the leading research-based pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Its pharmaceutical business is located in Berlin and Wuppertal, Germany, where more than 1.000 scientists discover new medicines with the goal to improve the life of patients. To strengthen this research, we are offering a postdoctoral position in the department of Cardiovascular Research:
• Be part of a team that identifies and characterizes novel treatment options for patients with acute and/or chronic kidney diseases
• Work in a research laboratory and plan, execute and evaluate in vitro and in vivo pharmacology studies in the field of kidney diseases research
• Participate in interdisciplinary teams and projects from target identification, target validation to optimization of substances and preclinical studies
• Drive and implement change for improving everyday work
Who you are
• PhD in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology or genetics, alternatively in medical science or pharmacy
• Interested in the field of experimental kidney diseases
• Proven track record of successful publications of outstanding research in high impact journals
• Interested in leading scientific staff and working in interdisciplinary teams
• Excellent organizational skills, sense of responsibility, creative and flexible thinking
• Curiosity and passion for research
• Effective communications skills and fluent command of English
This is a fixed-term contract for two years.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.