The Faltas Lab at Weill Cornell Medicine in New York City https://faltaslab.weill.cornell.edu/ is seeking postdoctoral candidates with a background in cancer biology or cancer immunology or bioinformatics to lead projects investigating the role of the APOBEC3 family of cytidine deaminases in chromothripsis, genomic instability and tumor evolution in bladder cancer. This project is funded by a recent grant from the Starr Cancer Consortium.
Our well-funded and diverse laboratory is a vibrant and stimulating environment for scientific growth and fostering the independent careers of postdoctoral trainees.
Faltas BM, Prandi D, Tagawa ST, Molina AM, Nanus DM, Sternberg C, Rosenberg J, Mosquera JM, Robinson B, Elemento O, Sboner A, Beltran H, Demichelis F, Rubin MA. Clonal evolution of chemotherapy-resistant urothelial carcinoma. Nature Genetics. 2016 Dec;48(12):1490-1499. doi: 10.1038/ng.3692.
Robinson BD, Vlachostergios PJ, Bhinder B, Liu W, Li K, Moss TJ, Bareja R, Park K, Tavassoli P, Cyrta J, Tagawa ST, Nanus DM, Beltran H, Molina AM, Khani F, Miguel Mosquera J, Xylinas E, Shariat SF, Scherr DS, Rubin MA, Lerner SP, Matin SF, Elemento O, Faltas BM. Upper tract urothelial carcinoma has a luminal-papillary T-cell depleted contexture and activated FGFR3 signaling. Nature Communications. 2019 Jul 5;10(1):2977. doi: 10.1038/s41467-019-10873-y.
Vlachostergios PJ, Faltas BM. Treatment resistance in urothelial carcinoma: an evolutionary perspective. Nature Reviews Clinical Oncology. 2018 Aug;15(8):495-509. doi: 10.1038/s41571-018-0026-y.
• Ph.D. with a background in cancer biology, cancer immunology, or bioinformatics. The Ph.D. awarded/expected date should be between 2017-2020.
• For cancer biology or immunology positions, experience in molecular biology and biochemistry techniques.
• For bioinformatics positions, experience in high level programming languages (e.g. R, Python, Perl), experience in computational biological applications and next-generation sequencing are required.
• Evidence of productivity from publications originating from Ph.D. or postdoctoral work.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills, self-motivation, and creativity.
• Motivated to pursue postdoctoral training required for a future independent academic career.
Candidates who meet the above criteria are encouraged to apply. Please email CV, statement of research interests, copies of previous publications and the names and contact information for 3 references to Dr. Bishoy Faltas email@example.com