Research Fellow - Remote sensing riparian vegetation
Charles Darwin University
As a Research Fellow – Remote sensing riparian vegetation, you will be involved in a collaborative partnership between Charles Darwin University (CDU) and CSIRO titled ‘The development of scientific capability in freshwater ecology and the use of new technologies in natural resource management in Northern Australia’, please click here for further details on the partnership.
You will manage and coordinate research projects with the long-term goal of developing a productive and lasting research partnership with CDU and CSIRO. Undertaking research into understanding the resilience of aquatic ecosystems, in particular, linking habitat structure and function in savanna riparian zones through multiscale remote sensing; you'll conduct quantitative research and processes data, contribute to project management, undertake field work in remote locations and contribute to the preparation of research reports and scientific manuscripts to achieve the objectives of the CDU-CSIRO partnership.
To be successful, you will possess:
· A PhD in remote sensing of landscapes or other appropriate field, or an equivalent combination of postgraduate qualifications and/ or experience.
· Demonstrated expertise using remote sensing data to analyse spatial and temporal patterns of vegetation water use and experience analysing ecological datasets.
· Evidence of publishing scientific papers in high impact international journals.
· Demonstrated ability to identify research and collaboration opportunities and secure research funding.
· Ability to generate and deliver effective presentations and papers to research colleagues, government policy makers and the wider community.
· Experience in conducting field research in remote locations.
Appointment to this role will be at Research Focused Academic Level A and the base salary will be in the range of $68,536 to $102,820 per annum. The total remuneration package will be in the range of $80,187 to $120,299 per annum including 17% superannuation.
What's in it for you?
· An employer who values your contribution to build a bigger, better and stronger university
· Work with a University committed to changing people's lives for the better through training, education and research
· An enviable lifestyle within the unique and spectacular Northern Territory
· Opportunities for professional development, paid study and career progression
· 17% superannuation
· 6 weeks of paid annual leave
· 20 weeks of paid parental leave, in addition to government payments (eligibility criteria apply)
· Recognition of prior service with another Australian University / NT Government for Long Service Leave
· Free on-campus parking
· Employee Assistance Program
· Salary Packaging opportunities
For a confidential discussion please contact Lindsay Hutley on 08 8946 7103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org