Postdoctoral Appointee – Machine Learning for Lattice Quantum Chromodynamics
· Argonne National Laboratory
· Location: Lemont, IL
· Job Number: 7055088 (Ref #: 405524)
· Posting Date: Jan 2, 2019
· Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Position DescriptionWe invite you to apply for a Postdoctoral Appointee position with our Leadership Computing Facility Division (LCF).
In this role you will:
· Research and develop a scientific workflow targeting our forthcoming exascale supercomputer, Aurora.
· The position is with a project under ALCF’s Aurora Early Science Program, which combines the efforts of multi-institutional investigator teams with ALCF staff and Aurora vendor applications experts.
Position RequirementsWe expect you to have:
· A PhD + 0-3 years in computational sciences including physics, and engineering, or in a related field.
· Comprehensive knowledge of numerical methods, parallel programming, machine learning/deep learning methods and frameworks.
· Comprehensive experience programming in one or more programming languages such as C, C++, and Python.
· Knowledge of parallel algorithms, distributed memory architectures, and parallel performance evaluation of domain specific implementations.
· Ability to create, maintain, and support high-quality software.
· An ideal candidate would have published their scientific software in a public repository (e.g. GitHub).
· Strong communication skills.
· Independent judgment and critical thinking.
· This job description documents the general nature and level of work but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities required of job incumbent. Consequently, job incumbent may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Argonne is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity in our workforce. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne prohibits discrimination or harassment based on an individual's age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.