Mechanical and Materials Engineering, Queen's University
Start Date and Duration of Appointment:
1 year appointment, renewable 1 year. Flexible start date: Spring 2021.
Ph.D. in Nuclear Engineering, Physics, Materials Science or a similar quantitative discipline.
• Expertise in advanced characterization techniques using transmission electron microscopy (TEM), scanning electron microscopy (SEM), focused ion beam (FIB), ion irradiation of nuclear materials, and small scale mechanical testing.
• Excellent publication record in peer reviewed journals.
• Demonstrated oral and published written communication skills in English language.
• Ability to be a strong team player and effectively organize and lead tasks.
• Relevant experience working in a research laboratory environment.
• Expertise in transmission electron microscopy.
• Experience on ion irradiation and radiation effects.
Required Documentation: A CV, list of three references, list of publications.
Application Deadline: Feb 28, 2021