伊利诺伊大学芝加哥分校（University of Illinois at Chicago），简称UIC，创立于1982年，公立研究型大学，卡内基基金会认证的88所一类美国国家级研究型大学之一，超过3.4亿美元的科研经费使它稳居美国研究经费排名前50，是芝加哥地区规模最大、综合实力最强的公立大学。
Postdoctoral Research Associates –Virus-host interactions
University of Illinois at Chicago
The laboratory of Dr. Yong-Hui Zheng in the Department of Microbiology and Immunology in the College of Medicine at University of Illinois Chicago is looking for motivated post-doctoral candidates to explore novel antiviral mechanisms that broadly target HIV-1, Ebola virus, and SARS-CoV-2. Although these viruses belong to different families, they all express class I fusion proteins that share identical features in structure and biosynthesis for virus entry. We currently have multiple NIH-funded projects to study how these fusion proteins are attacked by different types of host factors (ER a-mannosidases, RNF185, MARCHF E3 ubiquitin ligases, SERINC5), resulting in inhibition of virus entry and infection. The candidates will have opportunities to study these important human viruses together. Interested candidates please visit Pubmed: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36224200/ and read the most recent publications.
• Work with Principal Investigator to design and develop research projects.
• Conduct independent research experiments, including data collection and analysis.
• Test, optimize, and troubleshoot new and existing methods and techniques.
• Prepare scientific results for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
• Communicate results at internal and external scientific conferences.
• Assist in the training of graduate students and research staff.
• PhD degree in molecular biology, cell biology, microbiology, or a related field.
• At least one first authored, peer-reviewed, publication.
• Knowledge of basic experimental design and statistics.
• Desirable: strong background in viral infection, protein trafficking, degradation, autophagy, protein-protein interactions, and molecular biology. Research experience in BSL3 is a plus.
Applicants should email a single pdf file containing a cover letter with brief description of research experience and future interests, curriculum vitae, and list of three references. Send the application materials to Dr. Yong-Hui Zheng by email: email@example.com
For more information, visit