As a modern maximum-care hospital with a capacity of approximately 1,300 beds and more than 8,000 employees, the University Hospital of Bonn is dedicated to the practice of innovative academic medical excellence. At the Faculty of Medicine 1,800 scientists are engaged in research, ranging from basic sciences to clinical application, as well as teaching and health care.
Together with the University Hospital Bonn the faculty maintains 57 clinics, research institutes and centers. 3,500 students study in this dynamic and innovative environment. With the Cluster of Excellence ImmunoSensation2 the Medical faculty has an internationally renowned focus on research in immunology. The Faculty of Medicine and the University Hospital Bonn are embedded in the scientifically highly active Rhine region. They have strong contacts to and alliances with the surrounding universities and non-university research institutions guaranteeing scientific excellence in research and teaching.
The Mildred Scheel School of Oncology (MSSO) Cologne-Bonn (Bonn site) is seeking applications for
Up to 5 Postdoc Researchers / Physician Scientists (f/m/d)
(clinician or medical scientists in the fields of cancer genomics, computational biology, tumor immunology and structure-based drug design)
full-time, to be employed under a limited-time contract of 2.5 years and can additionally be enrolled in the PhD-program of the Medical Faculty (e.g. MD/PhD) if prerequisites are fulfilled. Starting date is within 6 months of acceptance.
The MSSO Cologne-Bonn is a program of excellence together within the cancer center CIO(Centrum für Integrierte Onkologie) for the promotion of young researchers in translational oncology and funded by the German Cancer Aid (Deutsche Krebshilfe). The MSSO dual training strategy aims to promote a new generation of translational cancer researchers and offers physicians and life science postgraduates an excellent opportunity to further their academic career in the field of translational oncology. The MSSO Cologne-Bonn is built on expertise at both sites in cancer genomics, computational biology, tumor immunology and genotype-stratified drug-design. The postgraduate program is flanked by a modular curriculum Molecular Cancer Genomics and Drug Development. Once enrolled in the program, the candidates will choose a hosting laboratory or a hosting study group.
· Successful candidates will complete a competitive project in translational cancer research related to the above-mentioned fields.
· Candidates will participate in the modular curriculum, mentoring program, seminars, workshops and soft-skill classes, as well as international conferences.
· Oral presentation of data is expected, as well as in publications.
· Contribute to the supervision and mentoring of undergraduate and PhD students
· The close interaction within the MSSO network provides a unique opportunity for scientists interested in interdisciplinary work and lateral thinking.
· Candidates must hold a PhD or MD degree with above-average scientific qualifications.
· The MSSO seeks to appoint outstanding, highly qualified candidates.
· Candidates should be interested in working in an interdisciplinary team and be able to establish fruitful collaborations at the interface of different research institutes and research groups.
· Besides creativity, a strong ability for problem solving through analytical thinking combined with an enthusiasm for scientific research and oncology is a must.
· Strong organization and time management skills will be very useful.
· Additionally, we expect strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills, fluent English and the ability for teamwork.
Your salary will be based on TV-L (ab E13) / TV-Ä.
The University of Bonn is committed to diversity and equal opportunity. It is certified as a family-friendly university. It aims to increase the proportion of women in areas where women are under-represented and to promote their careers in particular. It therefore urges women with relevant qualifications to apply. Applications will be handled in accordance with the Landesgleichstellungsgesetz (State Equality Act). Applications from suitable individuals with a certified serious disability and those of equal status are particularly welcome.
We also welcome applications from candidates with disabilities, who will also be given preferential consideration over other applicants with comparable qualifications.
Please address enquiries to Michael Neumann via Email to Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information will be available on the internet soon at https://www.msso-cologne-bonn.de/
Have we awakened your interest? Please submit your application within 6 weeks of the publication of this advertisement (including a detailed CV, list of publications, two references and a brief statement of research interests) to Michael Neumann via Email to Michael.email@example.com.
Please refer to the reference number 411_2019.